Thursday, January 7, 2010

"Moving on UP"



Recently I have been juggling the idea of relocated around in my head. I am currently working towards my Associates degree in secondary education at a local community college. Immediately after completing my Associates I plan to enroll in a four-year university to finish up my Bachelor's putting an emphasis on English. St. Louis offers a limited opportunity for African-American educators, frankly to be honest the inner city school district SUCKS! Wait let me back up.


Like I said I am a first year secondary education major going for my Associates degree at a local community college here in St. Louis. I will be turning 25 this year, the reason I had to wait to even begin working on my degree is because I decided to wait until my son was 4 before I returned back to school. I decided education was the right path for me after realizing how much of an influence 3 of my high school teachers and 1 principal had on my life and who I am. I have always had hopes of changing the world and I plan on doing just that ONE child at a time. With that out of the way, back to my relocation. I have been researching a few different cities, Chicago being number one. I have been looking at their schools and educating myself on the requirements for obtaining certification in the state of Illinois. Picking up and moving to a whole new city where you don't know anybody is always scary. However I am confident that this is what me and Laethan need. St. Louis has become small and closed in, I have done all that I can with in this city. So why not make my mark in a new one?

0 comments:

Post a Comment