Sunday, January 10, 2010

"Gossip"


GOSSIP: idle talk or rumor, esp. about the personal or private affairs of others.


"Those who gossip TO you will gossip ABOUT you!"~ I'm not sure who was the originator of this comment but it was quoted to me by a very good friend. Lately I have been using the word "friend" with extreme caution, over the past few months people have shown themselves for who they TRULY are. The same friend who ran this quote to me, also told me that I am a bad judge of character and that I befriend all of the wrong the people. For a long time I was in denial and refused to take what he was saying as truth. I am confident in calling him my friend because in the three years we have known each other he has always had my best interest at heart. All relationships endure pains, that just comes with getting to know someone and their personality but that doesn't stop a good friend from being a GOOD friend.


FRIEND: a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.


A person who truly cares for you, your feelings and your well-being will never talk behind your back. That's just not what friends do. I am guilty of at some points talking about a friend behind their back and the consequences when they found out where more than I could handle. I can honestly say that I will never put myself in that position of betrayal ever again, especially with all the love I have for that person. Women are notorious for calling other women and talking about someone in their circle; a so called "friend" of theirs. So what would make the woman on the other end of the phone listening to the bullshit her friend is talking believe that she won't or doesn't do the same shit to her? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that more times than not that she is being Chit Chatty Cathy to others about you. Now this may never come to light and in most situations it does not, but when it does what is a typical reaction? Do you cut all ties with your fake ass friend? Call them out on their gossiping about you? Or do you leave it alone and take one for the team of ME? Insecurities so themselves by way of people putting others down. A true friend will never betray the bond or trust between you and them. Gossip can ruin relationships, reputations and lives. Look at the lives famous people lead, always in the limelight, living under a microscope for normal everyday people to have something to gossip about. But gossip doesn't discriminate, you don't have to be rich, a movie star, or famous for someone to be miserable enough to talk about you.


I used to enjoy giving people something to talk about, to gossip about, to have a reason to have my name in conversation. As I grow older and mature into true womanhood I find that I want to be less of an open book. I want to live a private and uninterrupted life, but due to my past need for attention and to be in the spotlight that is proving to be a harder task than I bargained for. In order to take steps toward my privacy and my life being MINE, I have deleted all social networking sites, no more Twitter or Facebook. I am going to continue my writing via my blog because it allows me to express myself in a positive and uplifting manor. I have begin taking steps towards my ultimate happiness, I am not sure what all that includes but I do know that in the end all of my hard work is going to pay off. Then and only then will I be confident that I have given them something to talk about! GOSSIP!

0 comments:

Post a Comment