Saturday, July 10, 2010

"BIPPIDY BOPPIDY BOO"


Have you ever tried to walk in glass slippers? Asked a dwarf do they whistle while they work? (I have and boy was she pissed.) Have you ever tried turning a pumpkin into a stagecoach or stared at a mouse to see if they could sing? (I don't know about you but the mice I've come across surely weren't singing). Imagine my shock and dismay when I asked the mirror "Mirror mirror on the wall who's the fairest of them all" and it said the exact same thing I was saying. (Needless to say mirrors don't talk) Ever kissed a frog and when you opened your eyes they were an even uglier toad than they were before the kiss?


Well I've done all of these things at the suggestion of Walt Disney. Now I can't help but feel as though I've been hoodwinked, bamboozled, and ultimately deceived by the "man". (The man being Mr. Disney) Growing up I truly believed in happily ever afters, I just knew Prince Charming would hop on his horse and come take me away. Well I recently turned 25 and was starting to feel as though there I had wasted all my time believing in something that would never truly exist. Now I am not completely foolish, I know that somethings presented in fairy tales aren't true, I know there's no way a carpet can fly and candles damn sure don't fall in love with feather dusters. I do however know that even the coldest of beasts can be turned into a loving man with the right amount of love and that Prince Charming does exist. The truth however is that, Cinderella is a fictional story, something made up and I am not her. My story will never be identical, but does that mean I have to stop believing that Prince Charming really exists? One thing I learned growing up watching fairy tales is that the moment you stop believing the magic will no longer exist.

1 comments:

CRYSSRENEE said...

I HATE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment