Wednesday, March 23, 2011

WHAT TO WEAR???

As I stated in my previous post one of my closets friends Jen is getting married in May. Essentially I was supposed to be a bridesmaid, then I wasn't, then I was now I'm not. So in an effort to make everyone happy on HER day, my dear sweet friend has decided that I am a very special guest at her wedding sitting me near the front with her family. In a way I was angry that I am not a bridesmaid, not because I wanted to be but it would have made my wardrobe dilemma non existent. So now that I am not in the wedding and attending as a special guest, I have to find something to wear. All things taken into consideration, the style of the wedding, the style of the bride and groom, the time of day and location I have to make sure I am up to standard. Playing dress up is one of my favorite things to do, feeling like a princess for just a moment is always fun.


I have been searching for the perfect dress for the past 2 months, I tried to go the easy route and order my dress online. Needless to say this has become a FAIL! I ordered a pale peach colored full length sweetheart dress. The dress was strapless and extremely pretty in the picture, when I got it in the mail I was deeply disappointed.
In an attempt to step outside of my comfort zone by getting a dress any color but black I wasn't happy at all with my choice, not only was the color off but so was the material and the way the dress fit. So I am back to square one, I had to stop and ask myself, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO WEAR TO AN AFTER FIVE WEDDING?" A million and one questions are going through my mind and I am driving myself crazy. Can you wear black? Are pant acceptable since it's not in a church? If I do wear a dress can it be long or short? Will I look like a club goer if I wear a short dress? HUUUGGH!! I'm starting to think I need to actually go dress shopping and stop being lazy. I think I am just as stressed being a GUEST at this wedding as the BRIDE is about being the BRIDE!