Friday, August 28, 2009

"I Won't Complain"

"I've had some good days, I've had some hills to climb I've had some weary days And some sleepless nights. But when I look aroundAnd I think things over. All of my good daysOut-weigh my bad days I won't complain."

Though it may be hard, sometimes it is best to say thank you for what we do have and not complain about the things we DO NOT have. In reality everyday we wake up, someone did not, we take for granted that our loved ones are still able to say "I Love You!" because somewhere a mother will never here her son say that, or a daughter will never be able to tell her daddy just how much she loves him. We complain about the choices we make, when the choice shoulda been blessed by GOD to begin with. HE is going to allow us to make mistakes until we decide to step aside and let HIM do his work. I refuse to complain ever again, because I am BLESSED!!! I WON'T COMPLAIN!!!

PEACE AND BLESSINGS ~hb~

4 comments:

Nicole, Inc. said...

Ok, so I like to lurk around your blog and not comment, but today I'm gonna comment. :-). You are so right, it's much easier to complain then to stop and take a minute to see how many blessings we have. I may not be doing all the "sexy" marketing stuff that I want to, but I have a job and that's a blessing in this world we live in right here. So Ms. Harlem you have truly motivated me not to complain, well at least try not to. LOL. :-)

Brendolyn Marie said...

HEY NOW! I am glad that I can at least motivate one person. You know why? Because that means that I have helped to change the world and that is my ultimate goal in life! (seriously!) I heard this song for the 1st time at a funeral Wednesday and it touched me! I am going to do my best not to complain as well. No I'm not the healthiest but I am ALIVE!!! what more can I ask for? Thanks INC!

cryssrenee said...

u trying to make me shout at work???!!!! girl i was going through some serious problems at work and i took every last one and laid them at the Lord's feet. I couldn't carry those burdens around on my back making me irritable and cranky. Complaining all the time, nobody likes to hear that, and I don't even want those thoughts playing around in my head. So I just say THANK YA LORD!!!! LIED ON! BUT I SAY THANK YA LORD!!! TALKED ABOUT!! AND I STILL SAY THANK YA LORD!!!!

Brendolyn Marie said...

AMEN!! YOU GOT ME OVER HERE IN TEARS!!! ITS HARD TO BE THANKFUL WHEN YOU ARE GOING THROUGH SO MUCH AND FEELING THE DEFEAT OF THE WORLD..BUT THAT'S JUST IT, IT IS THE DEFEAT OF THE WORLD! IM HURTING EMOTIONALLY AND EVERY BIT OF PHYSICALLY BUT WHEN I TELL YOU I AM NOT GOING TO COMPLAIN I MEAN IT!! I MAY CRY ABOUT IT BUT THATS WHERE IT STOPS! IMA PRAY ABOUT IT AND FORGET ABOUT IT!! STAY STRONG!!

Post a Comment