Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"Patiently Waiting"

They say patience is a virtue, which means this is something that is moral and righteous. In a way it makes you more Christ like. They also say that all good things comes to those who wait. Is this really something that we believe or have we been conditioned to do so? There are things that you wait for, such as; a bus, your turn in line at the grocery store or the second coming of Christ. These are events and things that are sure to happen. It is a sure thing that eventually it will be your turn to checkout at Schnucks, you can bet your life that Christ is going to return for his people and you best believe that Bi-State will be rolling down the street within the next fifteen. Now who's to say you aren't going to grow impatient while waiting for these things to occur? That is only human nature and is to be expected. Now there are certain events that I wouldn't advise you spend time checking your watch on, these things included but are not limited to; a cure for cancer to be discovered, a man to leave his wife and or significant other for you, the side piece, I wouldn't advise waiting for a woman to be dressed on time. Waiting for the previous things is merely a waste of time you could have spent doing something else.

If you sat down and added up all the hours you spent doing pointless shit like waiting you would be amazed at how much time you could have saved. People spend half their lives waiting and waiting some more. We wait to grow up, we wait in line, we wait for love. Is that really how you want to spend your life? I for one am a very impatient person and waiting is not one of my strong points. I refuse to waste time that is not promised waiting for things that may or may not happen I just don't have the energy to do so. I may wait to checkout at Forever 21 only because in the end I am gaining something out of the long line, I may wait for the Metrolink, but only due in fact that I have somewhere to be if I am standing there in the first place. I am most definitely going to wait on the second coming of Christ because I know that I must in order to be saved. But unlike most I am not going to sit around all day waiting for a check from the government to take care of me and my family, I am not going to wait for a man to realize that he is loves me and I damn sure ain't sitting around waiting for the world of idiot doctors with a piece of paper to find a cure for cancer or AIDS.

We spend too much time waiting and it is almost always in vain. We wait for things we have no control over and that makes it in vain. We can not control what we can not change. Life is too short and tomorrow is never promised so why spend time waiting when it's a waste? It's kind of like waiting for pigs to fly.

~B~

2 comments:

CRYSSRENEE said...

U BETTA SPEAK ON IT!!!! CRYSSRENEE

Harlem said...

Im just saying! LOL Im done wasting time waiting on shit that I have no control over! Its pointless and I dont have the time!

Post a Comment